Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Few Things

Thanks everyone who came out to the show last night, it was a bit better than before (not really), at least we had topics this time. They'll get better with time, or so I hope. As always, tell your friends, make clips, put em' on Youtube, help us spread the word, and thanks for watching us :)

I've pimped out the forums, it's not anymore complicated than that. Go visit http://cangamers.proboards.com/index.cgi to see. I'm not quite done, obviously we still have to get our own logo on with OUR name, but that's gonna be the layout until someone tells me it looks like ass.

Now onto the good stuff! *rubs hands together*

Today a wave of awesomeness came out to the gaming news world, as I visited IGN and saw a buttload of new videos and information about some games that people are/should be excited about. First off is the new Dead Rising 2 info and trailer


DR2 is being made by Blue Castle Games, a CANADIAN developer, and is looking pretty damn awesome.

This game is being made totally separate from the original, in that we will never hear of Frank, or Willamette at all. And by the way this game looks, I couldn't give a shit about the original anymore. Dead Rising 2 will feature Chuck Greene, whose profession I would assume has something to do with motocross, given the motorbike and the jacket. It will feature TONS of zombies, up to 7000, which was reinforced by a member of IGN actually ripping through a street packed to the brim with the undead. That makes my pants a little bit wet. I mean, I thought there were a lot of zombies in the first one, 7000 will be nuts. I'm hoping though that it doesn't become an even bigger hack n' slash than the first. I like a good bit of horror in my zombie games, let's hope they can put some amount of real tension and survival in here.

Apparently there is some room for weapon customization as well, or at least the ability to combine multiple items to create one weapon. IGN talked about the propane tank and a bunch of nails to create an IED. Sounds like fun. If done right, I'm sure we all could think of quite a few improvised weapons *thinks of a gasoline filled watergun+lighter*. Sigh.

The tech is pretty amazing, besides the 7000 zombies on screen at once, the zombies you kill will stay on the ground until you leave the area, after awhile creating a very disgusting, rotting, putrid carpet I would imagine. Sounds fun. The visuals I think are much better than the original. Not just the graphics, but the colours and style of everything is much better than the original, I was quite impressed with the detail of the zombies and Chuck.

I'm hoping, though I don't have many doubts, that this game will be 1000 times better than Dead Rising 1. I don't see a lot of room for disappointment, especially the fact that there's online multiplayer, which has been officially announced, but is being kept hush hush right now.

For all the information and details: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/976/976785p2.html

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment