Sunday, August 9, 2009

To The 4PP Members, and Our Fans.

I was visiting 4PP's forums today, and I found this: http://4playerpodcast.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1486

When I read the title I was like "Holy shit, I saw that user "mighteemax" in our chat the other day!" I basically knew it was my post. Surprisingly the replies weren't filled with FUCK THIS DUDE, 4PP FOR LIFE! THIS KID'S A STUPID FAG! Instead I saw people agreeing, posting comments in a mature manner, ya know? People acting like normal people. That is 4PP's forum. I've been lurking in it for a few months now, but just joined in June. It is without a doubt better than the chat on the broadcast. Now, two mods (edit:3) have actually commented on my last post about 4PP, and I just wanted to address them and any others about what they said.
More...
I thank you again for not being absolute idiots and screaming at me for writing that post. I honestly did not believe anyone read our blog other than 1 or 2 of our viewers.

Now, reading the forum posts and responding back, I've changed some of my opinions. I already knew that the forums were a great place to talk with the actual fans of 4PP, and you guys have just strengthened that view. Obviously, I'm not alone in a lot of my views on 4PP. Now, the main thing people are fighting me on is that not all of the community are idiots. I'm fully aware of that. I did not write the post after seeing 4PP for just a few weeks. I've been watching since just before Xmas 2008. Some of you seem to believe I was talking about THE ENTIRE 4PP community. I was talking strictly about the broadcast. The forums have nothing to do with any of my post. I was talking about the chatters on JTV, and the broadcast itself. You guys have given me great faith that the internet can still hold civilized discussions and disagreements, and for that I am infinitely thankful.

One of the forum members, Seisan, mentioned that 4PP do read chat, they just end up ignoring it because 99% of the banter is "PLAY THIS! PLAY SOMETHING SCARY! THIS GAME SUCKS!" etc. I guess you are right, I would end up doing the same thing if I were them.

I would like to just kind of end this whole thing by saying a few things. First, I have nothing against Brad, Nick, Travis, or David. I would LOVE to hangout with them and talk games, and play games with them. But on the broadcast, I wish they would be a bit kinder, ignore the morons, and set an example to make the broadcast and the actually intelligent chatters, more tolerant of new people who may not turn out to be idiots at all, and may be really awesome people. I'm not trying to bash 4PP or start a big flame war, I was trying to point out problems I have with the broadcast. I believe that I may have been a bit harsh, and it did turn into somewhat of a bashing. But I still stand by most of what I said, and that everyone needs to chip in to make the chat a place where we can have intelligent and entertaining conversations, and everyone can participate, no matter if you are a new guy, a regular, a mod, or one of 4PP themselves.

Thanks again to everyone who commented, and I guess thanks for the free advertising lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment