Monday, August 17, 2009

The Walking Dead. On Television. Fuck. Yes.



That's right. That picture. In colour. On television. On a network that is similar to HBO and allows much more mature matter. How's that for alliteration? I can only hope for the best things for the show, even though I won't be able to watch it because AMC is not in Canada. Sadface.
More...
I really hope they stay true to the material. It is a really good comic and is not just this mindless kill fest of zombies. Like any great zombie story, it focuses on the human conflicts and emotions that would arise and we would naturally have, even amidst a world full of danger and fear. People are still trying to survive and live normal lives despite having to go out back and shoot some dead, decrepit, rotting dudes.

I'm also worried about the content of gore and nudity. There are quite a few nude scenes, and a hell of a lot of gore, naturally of course. I just hope that it isn't toned down too much that it takes away from what everyone loves to see in zombie stories. I would actually prefer if it left it to your imagination to visualize for yourself what would happen. By that I mean, if a guy is eaten or torn to shreds, we could see quick cuts of clothes being torn off, zombies swarming all around, but then leave it to our imaginations to think of what followed the blood curdling screams of the soon to be zombified. I think it would be much better than either toning down gore too much, or not having any at all.

Ultimately, I hope this is fucking good. I love my zombies. More than anyone. To the point where it bugs me when people say, "I LOVE ZOMBIES SO MUCH!" because I know they don't truly. They don't truly understand the zombie apocalypse like me and my brothers do. It's the reason I hate Left 4 Dead, Dead Rising, a lot of Resident Evil games, and just about every game and movie with zombies. None of them actually portray a "realistic", if you could say that, portrayal of a zombie apocalypse. Books and comics are the first, and only mediums that, in my mind, accurately paint a picture of a world overrun with the undead. With all the tripe that comes out on TV and film these days, I truly hope that a comic as wonderful as The Walking Dead will translate into a fantastic television series that people will watch, and finally realize exactly what I love about the undead.

I'll let everyone know when there's more information about the series. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment